Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Happy Pollywog

I am told I was a happy pollywog.  As a kid my sister would lovingly tell me that I truly came from Sea Monkeys.  Maybe I'll redo this work on paper as Sea Monkeys and not frogs.  It's a childhood idea of a loving protective family so I chose a frog family to capture the spirit.

Our family was pretty much like others.  Actually it was better then most as seen on the outside... and probably on the inside too if you aren't an angst-ridden teenager.*  A married mom and dad, a big sister to look out for me, a roof over my head, food in my belly. What more could a pollywog want? Maybe we'll find out next week.

*A note to teenagers:  Life is hard.  It will get better but life as an adult is also hard.  You'll learn the tricks to get by.  I don't mean to knock on teenagers so much.  I mean to knock on myself as a teenager. Obviously I wasn't a very good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment